~ Welcome ~

Welcome to my blog! Here I'll be occasionally showcasing some of my work and letting you know when & where I'll be at craft fairs. I hope to see you there!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Anniversary card

For my in-laws anniversary this week I created this card. It was quite easy, actually, thanks to Mary at Mamaw's Legacy! She has this wonderful cutting file to download! Not only does it cut out the pretty heart of hearts in the middle, but it cuts out the entire card as well. There are other options as well, but you'll have to get the file for yourself to see what they are!

But back to my card... All I did was put the red paper in the Silhouette and cut out the card. Then, I went back into the Silhouette software, removed the heart from the page and shrunk the outline of the card by 1/2 inch in each direction. Then I ran the pink cardstock through my machine and out came a perfect liner for my card! Tie a ribbon; stamp some sayings, and voila! a nice, simple card. Thanks again Mary! You create beautiful files!


(Inside view so you can see the 'liner' I put inside so that the heart on front would really pop, and also so that any stamping/writing I did on the inside didn't show through the heart cutouts on front.)

Tools used: Silhouette

No comments:

Post a Comment