~ Welcome ~

Welcome to my blog! Here I'll be occasionally showcasing some of my work and letting you know when & where I'll be at craft fairs. I hope to see you there!

Friday, October 9, 2009

My first challenge......Jazzy Die Cuts

This was my first challenge - but boy was it fun! My 5 yr. old daughter is such a girly girl that I thought this would be a great file and challenge to do something for her. So, I created a doorknob hanger. I used my Silhouette to cut the doorknob hanger as well as the girly girl file from Darcy. Pink and purple, silver and gold, are Kyla's favorite colors, so that was the basis for my project. The jazzying (is that a word?) that I did was this: Over the words 'girly girl' I stamped a background image using Versamark - I love that stuff! Over the flowers in the cut out I stuck on some glittery flowers I had left over from my daughter's Fancy Nancy b-day party. For the center of the flowers, to give more dimension, I took out the centers of some other flowers and stuck those on top. Then I took my silver glittery gel pen and outlined the whole girly girl part. I also used the gel pen to write Kyla's Room at the top (may not be able to see that too well in the pics - silver is hard to photograph!). I also took a green glittery gel pen and drew on the stem and leaves of the flowers to make them stand out a bit more. For the flowers on the bottom I took other pointy flowers and cut them up so that I could make the little sprigs coming out the sides. I don't know if my project will win, but my daughter loves it! She's decided that she's going to keep it on her closet door (which is where the picture was taken) so that it doesn't get caught in the bedroom door and rip. Smart kid! LOL





1 comment: