~ Welcome ~

Welcome to my blog! Here I'll be occasionally showcasing some of my work and letting you know when & where I'll be at craft fairs. I hope to see you there!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Boating Card

A few weekends back we had an unexpected night of babysitting for our kids...so what did we do? Well, my husband called his best friend, who lives about an hour away. Lucky for us, he was in and had no plans, so out we came for a little overnight visit. When we got there we found out that a friend of his offered to take us all on his boat that night...so off we went! We had a blast! I just had to make him a thank you note to show our appreciation, and this is what I came up with.

For the front of the card, I used D'vine Swirl embossing folder for the 'waves'. I cut along the swirls to give the illusion of rolling waves. I stamped 'many thanks' on light yellow paper and punched it out with my 1 3/8" punch. On darker yellow paper I punched a 1 3/4" circle to create the layers of the sun. Inside I used my Silhouette to create the pop-up, the boating/anchor and waves, and the text above. The boating file came from Darcy's Designs. Her boating file comes with the waves (enough for a border on a scrapbook page) and the 'boating'/anchor combo. I created the mat behind the waves and assembled them together before cutting them in half - that way I was able to layer them on top of one another and adhere behind the anchor. You can't really tell in the picture below, but I adhered the anchor with pop dots just to give a little more dimension.




Tools used: Cuttlebug, Silhouette, punches

No comments:

Post a Comment