~ Welcome ~

Welcome to my blog! Here I'll be occasionally showcasing some of my work and letting you know when & where I'll be at craft fairs. I hope to see you there!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And the D.A. award goes to.....

ME! That's right, I'm embarrassed to admit. Normally, when we go camping, if we're camping with our friends, I'll bring my stamping stuff to work on while the kids nap. If it's just me and the family I'll leave my stuff home since I'd be spending naptime with my hubby. Since my husband has a (relatively) new job, he doesn't get much vacation time yet, so for one weekend we wanted it to be a long one, so he decided to commute to work from camp. Since I would be at camp with the kids by myself until the weekend, I decided to pack my stamping stuff for my alone time. I figured I would challenge myself by bringing only my clear stamps and my rub-ons. I had decided that it would be a good time to focus on all my latest clear stamp sets, most of which I'd been wanting to play with. I got everything ready...or so I thought. Dummy me realized after I was already at camp, that I forgot .... are you ready? .... INK! How I did this, I don't know, but there you have it - the reason why I get the D.A. award. So, armed with just some rub-ons and two punches, I came up with these cards...well, until my hubby brought me my ink pads ;-) I must say, I do like how they came out...and it was a challenge for sure! Talk about limited supplies! LOL



I don't know why, but no matter what I did, I couldn't get the true color of the cards to come through. It is a light, almost baby blue color (officially, it's called "Robin's Egg" according to the package), and the rub-ons are brown. The rub-ons are from Stampin' Up. The cards were given to me, which was also part of my personal challenge. I've been hanging onto these cards for awhile, not knowing what to do with them, so I brought them to camp. They are Martha Stewart cards and come with the flourishes already cut into them (as well as matching envelopes). They are 5x7, which is a little bigger than I'm used to for making cards...yet another challenge for me. :-)

1 comment:

  1. So from now on, pack your ink FIRST, that way it is not forgotten! LMAO! Kudos for making the best of your limited supplies!

    ReplyDelete